Quality Assurance Contractor
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
ASSIGNMENT OVERVIEW: Conduct quality assurance (QA) reviews for homeowners’ insurance company operations. QA review may include independent agency audits, agent appointments, and underwriting transactions, and other projects as assigned. The daily time commitment on this assignment is approximately half a business day for the anticipated duration of 9 to 12 months.
ANTICIPATED TERM: 9 - 12 months
LOCATION: Either Sarasota (Lakewood Ranch corporate office), FL; service centers in Altamonte Springs, FL or Columbia, SC; or remote.
- Responsible for completing quality assurance (QA) reviews of work processed by Company employees, independent agencies, and other vendors - to promote Company’s compliance with legal, product, underwriting, and business requirements.
- QA review may include independent agency audits, agent appointments, and underwriting transactions, and other projects as assigned.
- Clearly and effectively communicate QA findings to managers, employees, independent agencies and other vendors.
- Participate in quality review, calibration, and appeals meetings.
- Maintain understanding of applicable laws and regulations and current procedures, products, forms, coverages - as needed.
- Assist in identifying trends and areas for improvements,
- Other duties as the project requires.
REQUIRED SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have either: (1) at least ten years Property & Casualty insurance experience; or (2) at least three years QA experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (Access, Excel, Word).
- Preferred requirements:
- Strong knowledge of personal residential insurance, including underwriting, processing, systems, and agency operations - preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred personal competencies:
- Ability to manage difficult situations, professional differences, personality conflicts, liabilities, and potentially uncomfortable and ambiguous situations with different vendors and customers.
- Ability to communicate and work with customers, vendors, and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company and customer information.
POINT OF CONTACT: Quality Assurance Manager
CONTRACTING COMPANY: Gulfstream Property and Casualty MGA, Inc.
BACKGROUND SCREENING: All vendors are required to undergo a background screening.
Based in Sarasota, Florida, Gulfstream writes residential insurance in states along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. With revenues of $142 million in 2016, Gulfstream continues to grow responsibly.
Although its revenues are large, Gulfstream operates with a small staff of 30 employees and consultants. More than half are based in our Sarasota corporate office, while others work remotely in the field. We keep a healthy perspective about life, health, fitness, and work. We are expected to excel in our work with minimal supervision and proactively provide assistance outside of our defined areas as the need and capacity to do so arises.
Gulfstream Property and Casualty Insurance Company (“GSIC”) is a licensed property and casualty insurance company. Affiliated company Gulfstream Property and Casualty MGA, Inc. (“GMGA”) is a licensed managing general agent. GMGA is the employer of Gulfstream employees.
Gulfstream focuses on states that are prone to hurricane and other catastrophic risks. GSIC is licensed in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and South Carolina. Gulfstream has a relatively traditional and conservative philosophy in writing business and underwriting risk. Our reinsurance program is one of the most robust and conservative in the Southeastern United States.
Celebrating its 14th year anniversary in 2017, Gulfstream weathered Florida’s 2005 hurricane season and numerous catastrophic storms since. Gulfstream benefits from the larger resources and 140-year-plus history of Seibels, which provides policy, claims and administrative services to Gulfstream.