Underwriter - Personal Lines
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Loudoun Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a candidate for the position of Personal Lines Underwriter. Using sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills the person in this position is responsible to asses risk and work with Loudoun Mutual’s agents to select the business that fits Loudoun Mutual’s underwriting guidelines and is most likely to be profitable. Founded in 1849, Loudoun Mutual is one Virginia’s oldest insurance companies and is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best. Loudoun Mutual offers a competitive compensation package, and an excellent, stable, work environment where every employee is valued and is an important part of the team.
Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- Minimum education/experience requirement:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Acceptable: 5 years insurance industry experience and a proven knowledge of underwriting standards, practices and procedures. CPCU, CIC, or CISR designations a plus.
- Willingness to make decisions independently in order to assess risk.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, professionally.
- Exercises discretion in the handling of sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates common courtesy and respect when dealing with policyholders, vendors, agents, and other employees.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Basic understanding of statistics, algebra and financial concepts.
- Valid driver’s license, and a willingness to travel.
Loudoun Mutual Insurance is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.