Operations Analyst I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Operations Analysts will support Assurants Insurance Systems and clients after implementations. They will be monitoring and working on issues that arise. This role will also be trained on client installations.
Carries out analytical assignments of a routine nature. Assists in problem resolution by analyzing processing problems, recommending solutions, and working with other departments to test and implement. Helps maintain systems by analyzing and providing overall support to internal and external customers. Verifies results by developing and assisting with execution of tests for small to medium-sized projects. Helps resolve service issues by gathering and analyzing related information, identifying the cause of the problem and investigating possible solutions. Participate in projects as team member to complete by assigned due date.
- Provide production assistance for the applications we support.
- Research, report, and implement simple system fixes.
- Enter routine user-maintained table changes.
- Train peers or new hires on routine changes. Participate in training on more complex system changes.
TESTING / DEBUGGING
- Provide routine system support following established guidelines and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting with limited direction.
- Determine testing requirements for small scale projects.
- Design/Draft test plans and conduct unit/acceptance testing for small scale projects.
- Provide timely resolution for testing issues.
- Identify flaws, errors, and issues with application functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Research, document, reports, and communicate any defects with functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Produce agreed upon deliverables on time, within targeted estimates and without error.
- Timely retesting and documentation of the corrections made for defects.
- Reports system problems/testing defects to management and recommend appropriate course of action to remedy.
- Research, report and implement fixes or workarounds for low complexity problems.
- Recommend temporary solutions.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
CUSTOMER LIAISON, RELATIONSHIP BUILDING, AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Build relationships with business partners at peer level.
- Provide customer training on system enhancements.
- Communicate effectively in writing.
- Speak effectively.
- Structure and compose written work products independently.
- Actively show understanding of what another says before giving own ideas.