Director of Commercial Lines - Insurance Brokerage
- Career Level
- Businesses that partner with Alper Services, LLC are diverse and come from many different industries. As Director of Commercial Lines, you'll play a key management team role in relationships with prospective and current Commercial Property & Casualty insurance clients, as well as with our insurance carriers and industry partners.
- You'll be responsible for managing our Commercial Lines team of 10-15 employees, including Client Executives, Account Managers, and Account Assistants. This team works closely with Alper's Producers and Account Executives to identify exposures, design risk management programs, and secure appropriate insurance markets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage team's performance including workflows, submissions, premium and loss summary data, and presentation deadlines.
- Build and foster strong relationships with our key insurance carriers and wholesalers; identify emerging markets and products.
- Select, train, and develop an efficient and effective staff.
- Communicate performance standards and objectives to staff and conduct employee reviews.
- Recommend compensation, promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Recommend changes in methods, procedures, structure and staff to optimize utilization of resources.
- Monitor department work productivity and implement changes to improve workflow.
- Create and implement quality controls to enhance client retention and growth.
- Develop, implement and monitor marketing strategies for team to obtain best available coverage for appropriate premiums/service fees.
- Maintain relationships and provide feedback to Team Leaders and Account Executives/Producers regarding marketing.
- Education: College degree preferred.
- Designation in CIC, CPCU, ARM and/or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Producer's License in Property & Casualty (P&C).
- A minimum of 7 years of insurance and agency operations experience with a thorough knowledge of P&C commercial insurance.
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership, communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in using Agency Management Systems. Experience with AMS360 is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of automation, quality management, training methods, and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee work activities of others.
- High energy level.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Valid driver's license.
- Some travel required within greater Chicago area and limited out-of-state travel.
- Typical office environment with work performed during regular daytime business hours. However, extended hours may be required to complete work within deadlines.