Customer Service Representative - Commercial Lines
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Provide utmost service to client by fulfilling major responsibilities as listed below. Support agency's growth objectives by account rounding, upgrading clients current policies, and obtain referrals for all departments.
- Provide excellent service to our clients by promptly responding to their inquiries and addressing their needs for the products and services our agency provides
- Make individual policy placement decisions based on the needs of the customer, our agency, and the companies we represent.
- Review policy coverage and identify areas that need enhancement and upgrading.
- Underwrite risk situations to ensure that they meet our agency standards and those of the insurance companies we represent.
- Secure applications from Sales Executives or clients for all coverages, including price quotations and comparisons for the companies we represent.
- Manage all account transactions including endorsements, binders, cancellations, ID cards, and correspondence. Review policies for accuracy and completeness and update system in accordance with workflow procedures.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior insurance experience in commercial lines coverage, fundamental rating, and underwriting.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with AMS 360 a plus
- Appropriate state insurance licenses
- Work effectively with others in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- High level of organizational ability and attention to detail
As the 33rd largest Independent Insurance Agency in the country and 100% employee-owned, Marshall & Sterling is able to offer a tremendous benefit package to our employee-owners which includes Stock Ownership, 401K with employer match, medical plan with HSA account, life insurance, short and long term disability, vision, flexible spending account and paid time off. We provide a comfortable work environment with state of the art technology for all employees.
Established in 1864, our 150+ year old Insurance Agency has 25 locations throughout the United States and the US Virgin Islands. Our 440 employees take pride in their company.
We mean it when we say "Our Employees Are Your Best Insurance" Come join our team today!