Risk and Safety Consultant
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
ADP is hiring a Risk & Safety Consultant. The Risk & Safety Consultant will provide loss control and workplace safety consultation and OSHA compliance guidance to clients of varying sizes and complexities. The Risk & Safety Consultant requires a good knowledge of occupational safety, knowledge of occupational health and a working knowledge of state and/or Federal OSHA compliance regulations.
This person will effectively evaluate the client's worksite to determine workplace hazards, evaluate the effectiveness of workplace hazard controls, provides recommendations to improve hazard control and improve workplace safety efforts. Assist clients with OSHA compliance. Provides clients with guidance with respect to their safety documentation needs and helps clients with compiling documentation needed for an effective injury and illness protection program. Provide onsite safety awareness training as mandated by OSHA regulations. Routinely assists clients with guidance on accident investigation protocols and loss analysis. Provides virtual safety awareness training to our client to increase product/service penetration and client retention.
He/She is an integral part of the client acceptance process. Works directly with our Sales Team. Conducts onsite risk and safety evaluations at prospective client locations and reports the results directly to the Client Acceptance team. Provides support to the Risk Audit team by proving information needed to properly class code client employees. He/She provides Service Excellence and works collaboratively with our other Client Service teams including our HR team and our Sales team.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- 5-10 years of practical loss control experience as Loss Control Representative working for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business or Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or Administrative Service Offering (ASO).
- Appropriate job experience in an industrial setting as a safety professional may be substituted for Loss Control Representative work for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business, or PEO/ASO experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Post graduate education in risk management, engineering, safety, or industrial health discipline maybe substituted for experience requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygience, Engineering, Risk Management or related field.
- Current Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional( CSP), Associate
- Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and web-based software applications.
- Must have the ability to use the internet as a research tool. Also must be flexible when using internet based tools to provide client information and consultation.