Business Analyst - Rate Revisions
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
American Strategic Insurance
Job Title: Business Analyst - Business Systems Consultant - Rate Revisions
American Strategic Insurance is a leading writer of Property and Casualty products. ASI offers Personal Lines Property products in over 40 states, and is currently in the process of expanding nationally by the end of 2017. ASI is ranked a top employer in Florida, and in Tampa Bay, for many years. ASI is an independently-managed insurance company that is a member of the Progressive group of companies.
Job Purpose: Responsible for consolidating, analyzing, and coordinating the business needs of multiple stakeholders for state-focused and compliance projects. Ensures consistency and compliance across detailed functional programming specifications. Documents and shares clear, actionable requirements with technology partners. Addresses foreseeable issues proactively and facilitates amicable solutions across all involved parties.
Essential Job Functions (100):
- Works with appropriate business units and leaders to identify and coordinate requirements and specifications for state expansion, enhancement, and maintenance projects.
- Participates in project checkpoint and kick-off meetings. Identifies, documents, tracks, and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems to business units, including technology teams.
- Tests and troubleshoots software programs to compare functionality to software specifications.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the rate and form filing process for various products and states to ensure the system logic and implementation schedule support compliance.
- Possesses up-to-date knowledge of ASI’s underwriting guidelines and policy and rating systems to ensure system logic supports compliance with quoting, underwriting, and policy issuance.
- Recommends program improvements to ASI’s technology partners and internal business users.
- Serves as the liaison between ASI’s technology partner and various vendors, partners, and internal customers.
- Collaborates with internal department staff, Underwriting Leadership, Legal Leadership, and Product Development Leadership to refine and build best business practices.
- Uses business intelligence software programs such as QlikView for research and analysis.
- Performs others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years Property and Casualty experience; strong preference for underwriting, business analysis, or claims experience.
- History of high performance in software quality assurance testing, software help desk, or technical support strongly preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Innovative, deductive approach to problem solving.
- Possesses high-school-level English language and grammar skills at a minimum; exceptional business writing skills and grammar strongly preferred. Communicates with professional decorum.
- Strong work verification and related proofreading skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team work skills along with ability to self-direct and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interpret technical procedures and translate them into everyday business language. Likewise, the ability to interpret business needs and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Ability to remain goal oriented over long periods of time.
- Ability to remain flexible and open to a varied work schedule (based on company needs), which may require hours beyond a standard 40-hour work week.
- Experience working with all levels of an organization strongly preferred. Comfort providing instructions to team members strongly preferred. Proficient at facilitating small to large group meetings.
The ASI Culture and Benefits The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled. ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401k retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!