Underwriter - Agency
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Overview & Responsibilities:
This position will be involved in the start up of a branch office location for Ringwalt & Liesche Company in Denver, CO. As such, additional duties and responsibilities beyond those specifically stated in the job description will be required. These duties may include data entry into the AIM agency management system (setting up new producers, posting payments received, etc.), pursuing agency receivables, execution of retail agency agreements, creating and sending out marketing materials, working with vendors, etc.
Serves as underwriter for owned agency operations. This includes providing indications and quotes to retail agents and brokers, binding coverage, handling changes to the accounts, providing renewal quotes and instructions. Engages in business development/marketing activities which include discussing product offerings either in person or on the phone with potential and existing customers and attending conventions.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Insurance License
- Basic Math
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Rating, statistical coding
- Insurance terminology
- Basic knowledge of manuals, policy coverages, endorsements, etc.
- Insurance transactions, practices and procedures
- MS Office Applications
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Established agency and broker relationships
- Advanced knowledge of manuals, policy coverages, endorsements, etc.
- Department practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Insurance Regulatory Requirements
- Company guidelines on acceptability and profitability for applications/accounts/policies
- Insurance related designations such as CPCU, IIA, or AU