Manager of Commissions and Sales
- Career Level
Summary: This position will be responsible for running and maintaining the regular commission processes in support of various distribution channels. This will include advanced commissions, earned commissions, production bonuses, annual bonuses, and other special incentives. The position will also be responsible for regular and ad hoc sales reporting needed to monitor and measure performance at different levels of sales distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Import, scrub, and transform data from multiple platforms to support commission and bonus payment cycles
- Create (as needed) and maintain a processing schedule and communication pipeline with key stakeholders to ensure weekly and monthly compensation deadlines are met on a consistent basis
- Identify opportunities for and work with appropriate stakeholders to document and implement processes, controls, audits, reconciliations, exception reporting, etc. for compliance with SOX, external regulations, and internal business requirements
- Perform advance payments, accruals, and bank reconciliations as required.
- Maintain business rules, inputs and data feeds required for commission and bonus calculations
- Support accounting functions as needed
- Partner with Agent Contracting and sales distribution leadership to ensure agent hierarchies and reporting relationships are updated and published accurately and timely to enable proper commission payments and sales reporting
- Work with sales leaders and other stakeholders to respond to and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain and produce regular sales reporting as requested by management or sales distribution
- Maintain sales reporting databases to ensure timely and accurate reporting is generated
- Ensure integrity of the data from diverse sources to achieve high quality data
- Design and produce routine and ad hoc sales reports
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- SQL Database – ability to write and run queries / Preferred, but not required
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong knowledge of process controls, audits, and SOX compliance requirements
- Knowledgeable about CRM systems, agent commission data, and commission processing
- Excellent understanding of databases and computer software systems
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills for financial presentations as well as communicating written guidelines and procedures for field compliance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong presentation skills – both creating content and delivering message
- A willingness and ability to work across organizational boundaries
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, as in handling. Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Those activities in which require detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately and quickly. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication with or without correction. Repetitive Motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the wrist, hands and fingers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment with controlled temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.