- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To investigate and settle injury and property claims primarily in a commercial insurance environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines claim form and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with claimant and witnesses regarding the claim.
- Consults police and hospital records; assesses bodily injury and property damage to determine the extent of company's liability and varying methods of investigation according to the type of insurance.
- Determines liability
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probable costs.
- Evaluate damages to ascertain compensation amount.
- Prepares a report of findings and negotiates a settlement with claimants, attorneys, and other insurance carriers.
- Negotiate claim settlements and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required (minimum)
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university a plus.
CA Independent Adjuster license or ability to obtain a license a plus.
Bilingual is a plus
Minimum of three (3) years of experience adjusting claims of increasing severity.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with varying levels (co-workers, vendors, clients, and management)
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of various state DOI compliance
- Strong integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Inclusive work environment with a team of dedicated professionals. When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem-solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Salary Exempt commensurate with experience and skills.
Every Full-Time position at Knight Insurance Group offers the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Career Path Opportunities
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership free