Underwriter - Commercial Lines
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Looking for an experienced and energetic P&C Underwriter with strong technical skills to join our Team. Must have E&S experience. This Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting and marketing accounts in Florida and other states in addition to developing new business and selecting advantageous risks to built a profitable portfolio of accounts. Required skills include analyzing information from applications, supplemental reports, studies and data to determine if a risk meets acceptable criteria and make decisions about issuance and appropriate premiums. Florida and Southeast US experience preferred. Will consider working remotely for qualified candidates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new business and retain existing accounts.
- Evaluate applications for coverage and use special carrier guidelines & special programs to determine suitable carriers for the risk.
- Rate & apply credits/debits for qualifying risks.
- Determine appropriate terms, premium fees & taxes as applicable to the carrier.
- Review and revise, amend or re-quote when necessary.
- Follow-up with agents to secure quotes and any other servicing needs.
- Market products & services to agents to increase production.
- Visit agents and make sales presentations about products & services.
- Must be able to make good underwriting decisions, document those decisions & monitor loss ratios for positive results and within carrier standards.
- Represent Company at industry events, trade shows, training sessions.
- Must possess 2-20 & 1-20 Insurance Licenses.
- College Degree or 10+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated 5+ years of success in underwriting & marketing of accounts in Florida and/or Southeast US.
- Demonstrated E&S experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication required.
- Computer literacy with immediate level knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer and insurance job-related software. Must be able to use Company Management Software and work with Carrier proprietary programs.
- Attention to detail & commitment to quality.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Effective time management skills, ability to work with deadlines and a sense of urgency for completion and reaching results.
- Willingness and ability to travel, sometimes overnight.