- Career Level
- Entry Level
Great opportunity to work with a national insurance carrier located in downtown Orlando overlooking Lake Eola!
- The Underwriting Assistant/Account Executive position REQUIRES a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Commercial Lines insurance.
- Proficient in policy coverage of Commercial General Liability, Property, Auto, Workers Compensation and Inland Marine.
- Superior computer skills, hold, or have knowledge to hold a FL 220 license.
- Must have the ability to manage own book of business, IE; processing new business, renewals, COIs, endorsements, audits, claims reporting and all policy service work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with particular emphasis on attention to detail and phone etiquette.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The position is to grant exceptional policy service in our Orlando, FL. location. Underwriting Assistants, Account Executives / Customer Service Representatives participate with the Underwriter in the renewal and business activities that support marketing and underwriting decisions.
- Gather relevant account information, updating account information, working with brokers.
- Issue binders, policies, endorsement, non-renewals and cancellations.
- Order audits – calculated AP/RP endorsements.
- Interact with brokers to provide service on assigned accounts/policies.
- Issue policies.
- Adhere to quality control procedures to ensure proper timely handlings/servicing of accounts.
- Able to balance work flow.
- Provides administrative support and other related services as needed.
- Operate independently with very little supervision.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other office personnel to improve overall company performance.