- Career Level
- Entry Level
We’re Growing our Team!
We are a financially sound, growing insurance company, in the midst of a significant technology initiative and we are looking for an Underwriting Assistant. To meet our goals and our customers’ expectations, we look for the following in our new hires:
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Technology aptitude
- Collaborative approach
- Prioritization skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
Bring your talent to Co-op as an Underwriting Assistant and you will support underwriters and agents in placing new business and increasing current business that is appropriate to Co-op’s risk appetite. Duties include:
- Gather and enter needed policy information on submitted forms
- Quote business for agents; respond to agency inquiries
- Provide systems support to agency staff
- Participate in ongoing systems development internally
Co-operative Insurance Companies provides financial security to home, auto, farm, and small business owners across Vermont and New Hampshire. Our 80 employees are dedicated to offering top-notch service to Co-op members. Our great benefits package includes 401k, pension, medical & dental, life, disability & long term care insurance, company contribution to your health savings account, FSA, generous paid time off, paid holidays and volunteer time.