Underwriting Assistant - Commercial Lines - Addison, TX
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
NSM Insurance Group is looking to add an Underwriting Assistant to our growing Specialty Aviation Underwriting team in Addison, Texas!
This position will report directly to our Program Director and will be responsible for assisting the underwriting team as we drive new business in the Southwest Region.
POSITION SUMMARY: This role will have daily contact with agents discussing accounts to acknowledge receipt, determine acceptability, gather information, rate new and renewal business, and mange pipeline.
• Evaluate accounts to determine acceptability with underwriting appetite.
• Reviews submissions for completeness, accuracy and make requests for information.
• Rates, quotes, binds and issues policies in accordance with stated underwriting authority.
• Makes referrals to underwriter or management as required.
• Provides reports to management when requested.
• Responsible for all documentation of Underwriting files.
• Follow up for requested information.
• Fully assist Underwriters in all aspects of their primary responsibility.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum of 1-2 years of relevant industry experience; commercial lines insurance preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess insurance knowledge with analytical and mathematical skills.
• Ability to service and maintain strong relationships with agents.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates teamwork capabilities.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications.