Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Pacific Resources is a leading employee benefits advisory firm servicing large, mainly Fortune-ranked companies. Headquartered in Chicago, and with locations throughout the country, we partner with clients across industries to deliver complete solutions to their Life, Disability, Voluntary and other non-medical benefits challenges. For over three decades, our unique, evidence-based insights have shaped innovative employee benefit solutions, impacting the lives of millions of employees in rewarding and binding ways.
Our employees are specialists, with many years of experience in the group insurance industry. We are committed to inspiring our clients, exceeding their highest expectations of service and industry knowledge, and driving innovation in the employee benefits marketplace by continuously challenging markets and conventional wisdom.
Our company is a nimble, fast-paced, client-centric organization. We take great pride in our work and are driven to deliver exceptional results. Successful candidates are those who embrace the pace and share the passion for our business.
We’re scaling our resources and are seeking a Voluntary Benefits Consultant who will serve as subject matter expert and point-person for all voluntary benefits product initiatives.
Our new teammate will be responsible for understanding the Voluntary Benefits market place - new products and trends; vetting best in class products and vendors; helping to identify solutions for our clients that fit within their overall benefits strategy; supporting internal sales and account management training; development of sales collateral, surveys and proactive delivery of industry trends related to voluntary benefits products and services; and external thought leadership that supports the Pacific Resources Brand as a leader in Voluntary Benefits consulting.
This regular, fulltime position reports to the Vice President, Global Employer Benefits Solutions and allows for a remote work arrangement, or could be located in any of our main hubs including Chicago, Dallas, Orlando and Boston.
- Act as a subject matter expert responsible for educating and advising clients on all voluntary benefits products and aiding them in identifying products and services to support their needs
- Collaborate with internal Sales and Account Executives to drive new opportunities and support strategy and positioning of new product offerings within current client relationships
- Support lead salesperson or consultant with sales and prospecting efforts to identify and build voluntary benefit integrated solutions, which may include developing sales presentations, conducting demographic analysis and benefit gap review, identifying implementation/ communication best practices, supporting client communications, scoping administrative requirements, financial modeling, compliance and contracting
- Partner with the client and our Technology, Marketplace and Engagement Team to ensure the voluntary benefits products are being marketed and incorporated into the appropriate delivery model
- Lead voluntary benefits plan design development for clients with a specific focus on creating plans with the best possible value to the employee by eliminating benefit duplication across all available benefits and identifying synergies between client and carriers
- Understand and articulate high level recommendations on cost control measures and potential impacts and present recommended voluntary benefit integrated solutions to clients
- Understand and effectively articulate carrier specific strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor existing client voluntary benefits plan data (including participation, claims experience, retention and persistency) to proactively identify and resolve potential program issues and weaknesses to ensure the client employees continue to get the best value possible
- Work closely with marketing team to manage the RFP process for all voluntary benefits lines of coverage on new and renewal voluntary benefits business including bid/RFP preparation, requesting proposals from client-approved carriers, handling follow-up questions, requests with the carriers, bid/RFP analysis and summation of findings and incorporating recommendations into client presentations to lead the selection of voluntary benefit providers
- Develop training modules to ensure internal partners and clients have a strong voluntary benefits knowledge base
- Help identify and vet new product offerings and partners that support long-term growth of the practice and build internal processes, roadmaps and strategies to support both new and existing voluntary benefits products
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with voluntary benefits representatives while acting as the liaison between reps and internal partners
- Stay abreast of, document and communicate internally all information regarding the voluntary benefits market to ensure internal partners have the latest and best information on all new developments in the market, including new product offerings or changes
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 10 years’ group insurance industry and/or benefits experience with a carrier or on the consulting side.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working intimately with voluntary benefit products, including a strong understanding of the voluntary benefits marketplace and sales process.
- Working knowledge of the different technologies and solutions available in the marketplace to engage, educate and enroll the consumer into voluntary product sets.
- Viewed as an expert in the field with the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organization and with clients through strong consulting skills, good listening ability, and confident communications and presentations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills needed to build relationships and strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment including a knack for managing complex, concurrent project management duties with strict turnaround time requirements.
- Proven track record of anticipating obstacles, managing and communicating project risks and issues, and determining alternative supportable solutions.
- Strong work ethic, self-directed with positive drive and approach, including the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a virtual working environment
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office applications; experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Occasional travel.
To Apply, please visit: http://www.pacresbenefits.com/voluntary-benefits-consultant-job
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.