- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
POSITION OVERVIEW: As a Territory Manager you will manage existing agencies and evaluate new agents to represent Gulfstream; drive overall growth and premium production, ensure adherence by agencies to company underwriting and processing guidelines; conduct agency training and prepare regular agency reviews; and assist management with projects as requested.
TERRITORY: South Carolina
- Manage all aspects of the Territory including meeting premium production goals; monitoring profitability and continually seeking opportunities to improve the ease of business for our agents.
- Maintain consistent contact with all agents within assigned territory in the interest of adherence to all company guidelines.
- Complete agency reviews as requested to include agent performance, statistics and profile of business written to date.
- Keep up to date with competitor programs and rate filings.
- Conduct agency training, onsite and remotely.
- Ensure adherence by agencies to company underwriting and processing guidelines and other company requirements through regular agency visits, agency audits and quality assurance reviews, and other processes.
- Take appropriate corrective action with agents.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of program rules and guidelines, as well as a specific understanding of rule administration/implementation.
- Maintain current understanding of all internal company processing procedures.
- Have a general understanding of policy forms, coverages and available options, including responsibility to obtain clarification from management as needed.
- Maintain thorough understanding of agency appointment procedures, including agency setup and licensing requirements.
- Maintain thorough understanding of state and company producer license appointment/termination procedures.
- Maintain thorough understanding of business transfer procedures & time frames.
- Ensure consistency in agency contract files.
- Complete reports as required (such as call reports, mileage logs, and agency audits).
- Performs all duties specified by the VP of Sales and other executive officers.
Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have at a minimum 5 years Property & Casualty Homeowners Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (Access, Excel, Word)
- Ability to manage difficult situations, professional differences, personality conflicts, liabilities, and potentially uncomfortable and ambiguous situations.
- Display a high level of professionalism and integrity, with the goal of achieving a win-win for the organization.
- Ability to know when to disengage from extraordinary situations and to seek input and support from others on Sales Team.
- Team player mentality.
- Willing to be flexible and open-minded in midst of changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate and work with employees, customers, vendors, and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Personal alignment with Company’s core values - including integrity, respect, transparency, and resourcefulness.
- Capable of implementing creative and effective solutions
- Good written and verbal communication.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
EMPLOYING COMPANY: Gulfstream Property and Casualty MGA, Inc.
TRAVEL and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to travel at least 75-80% within the designated territory
- This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time and extensive work on computer and electronic communication.
BACKGROUND SCREENING: All candidates required to undergo a background screening.
Based in Sarasota, Florida, Gulfstream writes residential insurance in states along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. With revenues of $133 million in 2015, Gulfstream continues to expand and grow responsibly.
Although its revenues are large, Gulfstream operates with a small staff of 30 employees and consultants. Most employees are based in our Sarasota home office, while others work remotely in the field. We keep a healthy perspective about life, health, fitness, and work. We are expected to excel in our work with minimal supervision and proactively provide assistance outside of our defined areas as the need and capacity to do so arises.
Gulfstream Property and Casualty Insurance Company (“GSIC”) is a licensed property and casualty insurance company. Affiliated company Gulfstream Property and Casualty MGA, Inc. (“GMGA”) is a licensed managing general agent. GMGA is the employer of Gulfstream employees.
Gulfstream focuses on states that are prone to hurricane and other catastrophic risks. GSIC is licensed in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and South Carolina. Gulfstream has a relatively traditional and conservative philosophy in writing business and underwriting risk. Our reinsurance program is one of the most robust and conservative in the Southeastern United States.
Celebrating its 10th year anniversary in 2014, Gulfstream weathered Florida’s 2005 hurricane season and numerous catastrophic storms since. Gulfstream benefits from the larger resources and 140-year history of Seibels, which provides policy, claims and administrative services to Gulfstream.