Field Case Manager-Workers' Comp Adjuster (Illinois)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
AMERISAFE is seeking a detail-oriented, driven professional to add to our “Excellence Team” . If you love working with people, want to work for an award-winning company who is known throughout the insurance industry for its high ethics and integrity, and if you want to be a member of a winning team, then the ILLINOIS FIELD CASE MANAGER position is for you.
In this position, you will investigate Workers' Compensation claims from the initial assignment, including in person meetings with Injuried Workers and other parties as necessary. the position will be required to determine compensability on claims and, if accepted, pay benefits according to state guidelines. This position may require frequent travel within an assigned territory.
AMERISAFE offers a competitive salary, auto reimbursement and full benefits package to the successful candidate who joins our team. AMERISAFE has been named to Ward’s 50 for the last eight years. In 2012, AMERISAFE made Forbes list of most trustworthy companies and ranked third in shareholder return by a New York investment house. We pride ourselves on our employee engagement strategy and boast of many tenured employees across 30 states. In short, employees stay with us because of who we are and what we do – exceptional people providing workers’ compensation for working people. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, then AMERISAFE is for you.
AMERISAFE is an equal opportunity employer and supports the veterans of the armed services. We pride ourselves on an inclusive and diverse workplace that honors the talents and abilities of all.
The Field Case Manager (FCM) must have a solid knowledge of the state laws and regulations needed to handle on the job injuries. The candidate will need:
- Complete understanding of the benefits available in the specific jurisdiction in which they work, including calculations;
- Familiarity with state form completion and deadlines as required;
- The ability to complete timely and thorough field investigations and writing concise and accurate reports in the prescribed format;
- Ability to understand and fully utilize AMERISAFE Claims Handling processes, following policies and all of its component parts;
- Negotiate and resolve claims in a win/win relationship;
- Frequent travel within assigned geography
- Reliability and dependability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- State license to handle Workers' Compensation claims if required by the state
- Related bachelor's degree or a year for year experience substitution plus five years related experience and/or education
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Claims experience is highly preferred
- World class customer experience attitude
- Accurate typing and data entry
- Strong computer ability-- proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and the ability to learn and utilize proprietary systems.
- The ability to be self-directed. This position may be a home office based position, requiring a professional home office setting.
- Valid driver's license
- Required continuing education requirements
- Commitment to the mission of AMERISAFE
- Serves as a role model for diversity and inclusion, supporting the AMERISAFE culture.