Insurance Sales Agent - Property & Casualty - Austin, Texas
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Utilizing discretion and independent judgment, the insurance agent is responsible for evaluating insurance needs, proposing personalized coverage options and providing service with existing policies. The Insurance Agent will utilize expertise and knowledge to establish, develop and maintain relationships with internal and external lead sources that will enable him/her to prepare and present insurance coverage solutions to prospective members while advocating UFCU’s philosophy of protecting member wealth through education and sound, sensible advice.
- Advise members regarding features, advantages and disadvantages of various insurance products.
- Create proposals and recommend appropriate insurance products based on member needs.
- Develop and maintain client portfolio by making routine contact with clients for policy reviews and to offer additional products such as companion policies
- Administer all customary, usual and/or necessary services required by any member.
- Assess needs of proposed insured based upon collection and analysis of proposed insured financial information e.g. property review, loss review, credit rating and other underwriting criteria as deemed necessary by appointed companies.
- Develop and foster relationships with assigned referral sources by making location visits and attending various lead-sponsored events such as financial center meetings and Select Employer Groups (SEG) events.
- Attend outside marketing events as deemed necessary by management.
- Attend state required continuing education and company required meetings for educational purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role.
Education High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an agent specializing in property casualty insurance sales required.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to growing business.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining existing business relationships.
- Experience in an independent agency preferred.
- Experience with Agency Management System 360 preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Texas Property Casualty (P&C) license required.
- Must be able to maintain appointments with various external insurance carriers.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be bondable.