Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Claims professional to join our team. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
- Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, analyze legal liability.
- Handles multi-line property and casualty claims in an assigned territory with an emphasis on property claims.
- Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
- Works towards the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle investigations by phone, mail and on-site investigations.
- Assist in advice and direction of files at either the branch level or those reported to Home Office.
- Willing to travel as needed to attend training classes to enhance job skills as required.
- Willing to participate in training activities at the branch, regional or Home Office level.
- Willing to assume special duties or assignments that are needed to meet all service expectations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years insurance claims related experience is essential.
- Field claims handling experience is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of Xactimate software is preferred
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate policy language is important
- The dissemination of appropriate claim handling techniques so that others involved in the claim process are understanding of issues is also desired
- Ability to organize and conduct an investigation involving complex issues and assimilate the information to reach a logical and timely decision
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.