Underwriting Manager - Commercial Programs - Conshohocken, PA
- Career Level
NSM Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Corporate Underwriting Manager that will assist the Chief Underwriting Officer in monitoring and evaluating the underwriting profitability of specific programs. This is a newly created role due to company growth and will play an integral part in the future of our program business.
This position will work out of the Conshohocken office and will be working directly with all Senior Leadership.
- Provide oversight of underwriting and compliance for assigned programs and be a resource for Program Directors and underwriting teams.
- Responsible for developing new products or product enhancements as needed.
- Cultivate relationships with carrier partners and achieve outstanding results in carrier underwriting audits.
- Attend weekly team meetings and monitor underwriting guidelines for compliance and changes.
- Analyze program premium and loss results and review forms as needed to ensure underwriting intent.
- Provide reports to carriers and attend all carrier audits.
- Review internal underwriting audit results and monitor pricing changes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required; 7+ years commercial underwriting experience
- Expertise in general liability, property, professional and workers compensation
- Experience analyzing underwriting profitability results desired
- Program experience a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills are essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel