Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Candidate will be responsible for the handling of auto claims. Resolve collision, property damage, med pay, PIP and BI claims to conclusion by payment or denial. Investigate and resolve coverage questions.
- The ability to evaluate, investigate and resolve claims.
- Communicate with insureds, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, and other carriers via telephone & written correspondence.
- Take recorded statements.
- Make liability and coverage decisions based on conclusions of investigation.
- Issue payments.
- Establish reserves based on evaluation and adjust reserves as necessary with all new information
- Ability to interpret routine and complex policy contracts and coverage.
- Demonstrate sound analytical skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form.
- Ability to work effectively with company personnel, agency personnel, legal counsel, and others with whom our business is associated.
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to maintain various responsibilities under critical deadlines.
- Ability to identify potential sources of subrogation/recovery.
- Provide excellent customer service to agents, producers, insured’s and claimants.
- The ability to manage outside vendors.
- Control expenses such as independent adjuster and defense costs.
ACM offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with an comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays and much more.
- College degree preferred;
- 2 to 5 years of experience handling auto claims.
- California claims adjuster license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.