Vice President and Assistant Vice President - Underwriter - Management Liability
- Career Level
New subsidiary of a medical provider company is currently looking for a Management Liability Underwriter at Vice President and Assistant Vice President level to support the expansion of its directors & officers liability; employment practices liability and fiduciary liability insurance businesses in the Management Liability segment.
- develop and maintain productive relationships with distribution partners,
- rigorously select, evaluate and secure individual accounts that meet underwriting standards and guidelines,
- constructively engage with peers and company support areas in day to day decision-making and customer service.
- Should possess a strong interest in the dynamics and trends underlying the healthcare industry and related social, regulatory, economic and legal trends impacting it.
- An interest in acquiring RPLU or CPCU designation
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years college) required.
- Seven (7) or more year’s management liability or other healthcare/medical professional liability underwriting experience. Equivalent experience in a broker capacity is also acceptable.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and demonstrated aptitude with Windows based operating systems
Position may be in Hartford, CT or Chicago, IL