Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
The Sarasota, FL office of Brown and Brown Insurance is searching for a Front Desk Associate to expand our current service team. An ideal candidate will have high interpersonal skills, working knowledge of multiple phone lines and strong computer skills.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and greet clients.
- Open and sort all incoming mail.
- Open and sort all incoming faxes.
- Maintain, update and distribute phone extension, lunchroom duties, holiday and goodie day lists.
- Maintain activity reports for Commercial Lines Department fax machines.
- Download, name and print Commercial Lines & Personal Lines photos.
- Sort, endorse and log incoming checks for Accounting Department.
- Handle miscellaneous Applied data entry, mailings and other projects as needed.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge to assist in personal lines changes and processing.
- Maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in office environment, excellent communication skills, desire to grow within an organization and knowledge for Microsoft Office Suite.
- Independent agency experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.