Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated entry level Underwriting professional to join our team. The position requires the person to:
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
- Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
- Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
- Acquires a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
- Effectively communicate with independent agents and other employees through verbal and/or written means.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- An interest in developing product knowledge through participation in approved educational programs
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.