Sr. E&S Casualty Underwriter in Austin, Texas
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Sr. E&S Casualty Underwriter – Austin, Texas
Growing P&C Insurance carrier is seeking a Commercial Casualty Underwriter for their Austin operation. Candidates will be responsible for the underwriting and marketing of Excess & Surplus Lines Casualty business. This position involves underwriting and managing a book of business that focuses on a wide range of casualty E&S business. You will have the opportunity to do marketing about 25% of the time.
- Strong broker relationships
- Maintains underwriting quality standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Creatively responds to unusual requests or broker/client demands.
- Compiles, develops, and verifies information necessary for rendering an underwriting decision.
- Investigates and analyzes prior loss history, evaluating hazards and exposures and other pertinent data necessary for correctly pricing and evaluating risks.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the underwriting and marketing of commercial casualty insurance.
- Primary casualty background required. Excess experience preferred.
- Strong wholesale broker relationships required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
If you are not being challenged in your current underwriting role and want to do something different, this may be the position for you. Salary commensurate with experience. Job 4272.