Sr. Loss Control Consultant
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Evaluates Insureds for hazards and exposures for Property, General Liability, Umbrellas, Auto, WC, and Inland Marine to assure proper compliance with safety standards and requirements.
Have a technical background in the oil and gas industry, heavy Construction and fleet exposures. Minimum 10 to 15 years of heavy Construction experience.
Assesses prospective and current insureds’ overall exposures for underwriting purposes with the goals of mitigating risk and preventing losses. Provides risk control services to accounts efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct loss control surveys at prospective, new and existing account locations with the goals of identifying exposures and hazards.
- Formulate loss control recommendations to reduce risk and prevent losses.
- Provide risk assessment reports to underwriting partners that help HIIG acquire and retain profitable business.
- Influence accounts to implement recommendations verbally and through written responses.
- Analyze loss trends and provide loss trending reports to underwriting partners.
- Knowledge of emerging safety issues and regulatory environment.
- Able to conduct training for safety, auto and other related exposures.
- Assist in training and providing technical support to Underwriters of the various Divisions.
- Assist in Compliance Audits with various State Agencies.
- Provide advice and guidance on Company Loss Control procedures.
- Travel within the assigned territory to facilitate inspections as required by vehicle or air.
- Assist in auditing Loss Control Vendors on an as needed basis.
- Pursue a program of continuing education by participating in industry educational courses.
Desired Job Skills:
- Technical report writing, business correspondence and development of procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and extensive knowledge of construction and the oil & gas industries.
- The key individual must also have an excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in commercial lines loss control experience for multiple lines of business.