- Career Level
- Not Specified
Do you have extensive Worker's Compensation claims experience? Do you enjoy mentoring and developing others?
Under the direction of the Claims Manager, our Claims Supervisor participates in establishing team goals and objectives, performs strategic and budgetary planning as well as monitors team effectiveness and supervises adjuster and technical support personnel. The Claims Supervisor will successfully support, coordinate and delegate objectives that support the company’s mission and financial success.
- Sets goals, leads and manages indemnity claims team to achieve company objectives.
- Demonstrates leadership by creating an environment that fosters teamwork, values diversity, and which supports and respects all team and company staff-members, internal and external customers, and vendors. Responsible for selecting, managing, developing, coaching, and motivating the team.
- Promotes and ensures compliance with claims best practices.
- Communicates information to team staff and assists with the interpretation and practical implementation of changes.
- Evaluates subordinates regularly by conducting self-audits and conducts performance appraisals.
- Approves reserves and payments at the supervisor authority level. Responsible for reserves adequacy, settlement approval, investigation approval, litigation approval, monitoring the quality and quantity of work produced within the unit.
- Reviews adverse legal decisions and recommends action. Supervises, motivates and inspires others to attain the company’s goals and objectives.
- Participates in interviews and recommends job candidates to be approved by management.
- Responds to external complaints in consultation with Claims Manager and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of technical claims experience in Worker’s Compensation/Employer Liability to include: claim investigation, liability determination, subrogation, claim reserving, settlement negotiation and litigation management, regulatory compliance, and mentoring/training/developing employees.
- Must meet all claim adjuster regulations or certification required in the state or states where they are adjusting claims.
- Demonstrated business knowledge/systems management, communications, client focus, problem solving/decision making experience.
- Demonstrated technical PC skills to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows, strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with insurance company partners, clients, and other departments within the company.
- Previous formal presentation experience.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or a related field or equivalent industry experience, at least two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Insurance designation preferred (ARM, AIC, CPCU, etc.).
- State required licenses recommended.
As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers' compensation insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented individual willing to put their ideas to work!
We offer a positive, challenging work environment, combined with an opportunity to build your career as you help us grow our business, in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS®!
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our employees across the United States. EMPLOYERS is known for the quality service and expertise we provide to our clients, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees.
We live and breathe our core values: Integrity, Customer Focus, Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability, Innovation, and Personal Fulfillment. These are the pillars that support how we do business with our clients as well as how we treat each other!
At EMPLOYERS, you’ll discover an energetic environment that inspires top achievement. As “America’s small business insurance specialist”, we have the resources, a solid reputation and an expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and enhance your career.