VP, Business Development
- Career Level
Position Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salaried
Reports to: President
Unico American Corporation, parent of Crusader Insurance Company and other subsidiaries, has a very important opening.
Unico’s VP of Business Development & Marketing will bring a specialized talent and experience to our company, and that person will report to our company’s President. Work will focus on developing and executing strategies to improve sales and profits, to achieve the company’s growth objectives.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of success and building entrepreneurial marketing approaches within the insurance industry
- Have experience working with management and staff to achieving specific goals
- A college degree in business, marketing, communications or psychology
Unico takes pride in providing a positive work environment that is fostered by direct communication, collaboration, work-life balance and competitive compensation. Many of our employees have been with our company for over 15 years.
- Identify niche business opportunities.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic plan to drive sales.
- Develop sales and marketing techniques, to enable sales growth.
- Analyze competition and sales of products on an ongoing basis and propose new offerings.
- Establish key metrics to measure success of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership team to achieve corporate growth objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Service Oriented.
- Productive and efficient.
Initially, this role will not have any direct reports. This position will have an opportunity to identify areas where talent is needed to ensure the successful execution of sales and marketing strategies.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of professional office environment.
This is both a sedentary and mobile position. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must also be able to walk, stand, bend, lift and move continually during working hours.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The employee must be available during the company’s regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm and for additional time outside of regular business hours, to support the company’s business needs.
This position may travel 0 – 50%, based on business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Unico American Corporation operates is the parent company of wholly owned subsidiary organizations including Unifax Insurance Systems, Inc., Crusader Insurance Company, American Association for Quality Health Care ("AAQHC"), American Insurance Brokers ("AIB"), American Acceptance Corporation ("AAC") and Insurance Media Services.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years related professional experience
- Some insurance experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Psychology or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Driving record that is free of suspensions, revocations and cancellations.