Underwriter - Insurance - Group Health and Welfare Plans
- Career Level
Paul Global Benefits (PGB) is a full-service Employee Benefits Consulting Firm with a global client base. We are seeking energetic professionals who are interested in growing within our organization.
We currently have an opening to expand our growing Underwriting team. The responsibilities of this role will be financial review of insurance terms, conditions and market competitiveness. The role also includes the preparation of all Requests for Proposals from the marketplace as well as renewal evaluations for assigned clients. The right candidate will report to the Vice President Underwriting and predominately focus on client management support and new business financial evaluations. The position is located in our corporate headquarters in Syosset, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will require the following tasks:
- Proactive financial monitoring and review for assigned cases
- Create monthly financial reporting packages including detailed premium, claims, membership, commission, and cash reconciliation information
- Assist in creating weekly, monthly and quarterly financial statements and projections
- Assist in quarterly presentation to clients on financial performance of insurance programs
- New Business Financial Evaluations as needed by sales team
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate complex financial concepts into customer friendly format.
- Strong understanding of Excel and PowerPoint are required
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required Minimum of 5 years’ experience in medical underwriting at major insurance carrier
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail oriented, excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use prudent judgment and discretion in handling confidential client information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Power Point and Excel