- Career Level
- Not Specified
The position is responsible for working directly with department users to translate business requirements into use case documents for the IT department and our vendors’ software developers. This includes development of business requirements, and assisting in the design, testing, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of systems.
- Responsible for the user experience on company applications, including defining requirements, communicating changes to development staff, testing changes and coordinating implementation into production environment.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Creates use cases and user stories documents.
- Writes and executes test plans and test scripts.
- Facilitates meetings between the Company and our vendors’ software development teams
- Generates routine project status reports in the format and within the timelines requested by management.
- Acts the key liaison between the Company and our vendors’ software development teams (business analysts, developers, project managers
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS or related field or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- 2+ year’s prior experience in the insurance industry, preferably homeowner’s insurance.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS SQL, Visio
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and apply logic to solve business problems and a willingness to dig into the details of specific projects to ensure the appropriate approach and best use of company resources.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Business Analyst and/or Project Management experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Experience working with comparative raters.
- Experience with Extensible Markup Language (XML) or Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Website development experience working with content management systems, such as DNN and/or experience with employee, agent or insured portals.
- Experience with New Jersey Homeowner’s insurance a plus.