- Career Level
- Not Specified
A purchasing specialist sources goods and services and/or coordinates activities involved with purchasing products and services, of low to medium complexity for specific assigned commodity categories. Responsible for managing specific vendor relationships.
Contribute to effective procurement infrastructure to manage corporate spend across the enterprise, which aligns with business and technology initiatives.
- Follow procurement policies, procedures and guidelines for the company.
- Utilize RFx sourcing templates, procedures, and processes, as needed to complete tasks
- Provide support for problems with vendor performance, products and services.
- Create and issue purchase orders for designated commodities.
- Support Accounting with billing disputes
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested by manager.
Create effective relationships with internal customers related to the processes and benefits of effective procurement management.
Plan and execute procurement, strategic sourcing and vendor management activities and operations in compliance with corporate policies, applicable law and effective cost management principles.
- Perform low complexity procurement efforts and research, and evaluate pricing to obtain a low risk outcome for the company
- Support benchmarking analysis and cost savings initiatives for commodity strategies
- Support relationships with designated suppliers involved in procurement programs.
Maintains current knowledge of trends and best practices for procurement profession and insurance industry.
Associates Degree, or related degree preferred.
Typically has 1 year procurement and contracting experience
Minimum 1 year of experience managing strategic sourcing process for several commodity areas
Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement principles and techniques
Contracts negotiation experience. Experience with negotiating techniques and developing solutions to issues in a timely manner. Experience with Excel and PowerPoint a must. Must be able to conduct meetings and create presentations. Strong customer mindset, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to directly influence others. Ability to accept new ideas and embrace change. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills. Must be capable of coordinating and organizing input from various channels, perform negotiation, resolve conflicts and build consensus at all levels of the organization.