Conducts field audits to determine the actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages. This job is a combination of working inside a Company office and working in the insured’s clerical office areas. Requires travel (driving and/ or flying) to insureds’ locations to conduct audits.
- Conducts timely and accurate premium audits and service audits.
- Conducts audits on larger and more complex accounts.
- Resolves audit disputes including large and complex disputes.
- Corresponds with insureds, agents and Company personnel.
- Assists with audit reviews.
- Provides technical assistance to reviewers, Underwriters and agents.
- Provides current status of audit inventory on a regular basis to management.
- Clarifies voluntary and physical audits by contacting insureds as needed.
- Communicates with NCCI/ WCIRB regarding classification and technical issues.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced field auditor.
- Assists Director of Field Audit Services and SIU in prosecution of premium fraud.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 3-5 years of experience working as a Field Premium Auditor. Desirable, but not required: APA, CIPA and CPCU. Must have a good working knowledge of Work Comp. Must be aware of and understand a variety of payroll and accounting systems, and the differences in Workers’ Comp jurisdictions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports or legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.