- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assists and supports the Underwriting Department in providing customer service to policyholders, agents and brokers. Responds to follow-up activities pertaining to policyholders including research, correspondence, data entry, updating files, tracking documentation and mailing. Responds to coverage inquiries of new business and policy changes involving basic analysis and recommendations.
- Successfully complete formal and on the job training provided by line of business management in specialty area of Underwriting.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate fundamental risk, make sound Underwriting decisions, and perform basic customer service and marketing activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of laws, rules, and regulations governing Underwriting business for specialty area.
- Demonstrates knowledge of line of business procedures, guidelines, and Underwriting systems.
- Works with Company Claims, Risk Management and other appropriate departments to become familiar with standards, requirements and reporting.
- Further develops Underwriting knowledge through continuing formal education and course work.
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree or 2 years college attendance, with emphasis in Business, Accounting, Statistics or related field preferred.
- 1+ years experience as an Underwriting Assistant or related experience in Underwriting strongly preferred.