Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 level technical support of operational activities in a desktop computing environment. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Performs proper installation, maintenance and upgrade activities for computer hardware, operating systems, network connectivity, desktop applications, business applications, printing and email.
- High school diploma or GED required. May require an associate's degree in a related area.
- 3+ years working as Network/Computer Technician supporting 500+ user environment.
- A+ or MCP, CompTIA Network + Certification, MS Certified Desktop Technician or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 3 years installing and configuring desktop applications and systems: MS Windows XP OS, Outlook 2000/2003, Office 2000/2003, Intel Base Computers, PDAs, and Local & LAN based printing, Network devices, LAN Connectivity and 3rd party Productivity applications (i.e. MS Projects).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in IT Support environment supporting E- Help Desk Call Tracking system, E-Asset Mgmt and Inventory system and Remote Assistance.