- Career Level
- Not Specified
Performs a variety of routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or related financial area.
- Posts accounting documents involving invoices, receipts, vouchers, requisitions, expenses, etc.
- Reconciles bank accounts and balances general or subsidiary ledgers.
- Processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc.
- Prepares and mails bills or statements or prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
- May prepare summary sheets or other work papers for supervisor’s use in preparing financial statements.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental procedures.
- May assist with or prepare trial balances.
- High school diploma with specialized Accounting course(s) or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 6 months accounting clerical, bookkeeping or administrative assignments involving record keeping.
- Ability to understand and carry out simple instructions in standard situations. Organizational skills; attention to detail; basic skills in Microsoft Office suite applications.