The Network Engineer’s primary purpose is to support the Lead Network Engineer in ensuring that ICW Group’s network infrastructure and supporting computing environment technologies are properly engineered, administered and maintained in support of ICW Group’s computer operations. The Network Engineer’s role will support ICW’s business objectives by ensuring a stable, highly available telephony and computing environment in support of ICW’s day-to-day business operations. This position will support ICW’s LAN and WAN (MPLS based) equipment in the data center and 14 plus remote locations.
Maintain, configure and support networking devices
- Implements and maintains ICW’s networking devices and networking technologies including LAN, MPLS, SAN fabric switches, Server Load balancers, WAN, VoIP, vSwitches, in a multivendor environment.
- Provides multi-level technical support and problem resolution for network performance and network related issues.
- Provide 3rd Tier technical support and problem resolution for ICW’s telephony environment.
- Prioritizes and directs the day-to-day technical tasks for operational management of the network.
- Works directly with ICW’s Information Security team to analyze and mitigate risks at the network level.
Participate in IT infrastructure projects in support of Company objectives
- Complete assigned initiatives and tasks on time and on budget
- Participates in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality customer service.
- Works directly with Enterprise Architecture Group to evaluate design details and provide information on current and proposed network infrastructure considerations.
- Works directly with IT Project Managers and application owners to understand business requirements and impact of design considerations.
Design the network architecture for networking devices in support of Company objectives
- Designs, plans, architects, implements networking technologies including LAN, MPLS, SAN fabric switches, Server Load balancers, WAN, VoIP, vSwitches, in a multivendor environment.
- Plans, researches, develops, and tests new networking technologies in support of business operations.
Ensure compliance to ICW ITIL and regulatory processes
- Adheres to and complies with ICW’s privacy and security policies.
- Creates and updates network infrastructure diagrams, test plans and supporting documentation.
- Maintains or exceeds Service Levels to business customers for established Service Level Agreements.
- Assists with budget planning and procurement of networking hardware and software as directed in cost effective manner.
- Participates in information gathering for ICW’s audit and regulatory processes.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4+ years proven work experience as a Network Engineer supporting a 600+ user environment.
- Minimum 3+ years proven work experience designing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems.
- Minimum 3+ years proven work experience architecting, administrating, designing and maintaining networking systems for mid to large companies.
- Minimum 3+ years experience working in a virtual environment, specifically with VMware ESX
- Minimum 3+ years experience working in a Co-location environment preferred
- Minimum 3+ years designing and maintaining Juniper wireless networks
- Minimum 3+ years designing and maintain Network and User access control systems
- Minimum of 3+ years proven work experience administrating, supporting and maintaining Juniper Switches and Routers, Juniper and Palo Alto Firewalls, Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers, SilverPeak WAN optimization/replication appliances, and Dell Force10 switches
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols in including BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, application/data flows
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds
- Experience working with more than 3 SAN storage devices
- Must have a working knowledge of LINUX (Centos and RedHat), , VDI, and VOIP