Technical Support Technician
- Career Level
- Entry Level
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking talented and self-motivated people to begin their career with us as a Technical Support Technician.
The Technical Support Technician will be a member of the American Access Technical Support team which provides excellent customer service and support for our employees. This position reports directly to the IT Technical Support manager and investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties:
• Act as a single point of contact for receiving and managing all incoming inquiries from internal customers, via phone, email and through our ticketing system.
• Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Tracking calls into the service desk and the escalation of tickets that can't be resolved immediately
• Perform some investigative analysis for incoming calls and emails with the goal of first call resolution
• Create tickets into a standard format and categorize issues into specific group and queues
• Learn and follow existing documentation for problem resolution, and the ability to enhance and create new documentation for new issues that occur is required to build our knowledge database
• Track the tickets in various queues and follow up with each customer
• Provides support and training for Office suite applications
• Manage the fulfillment of PCs, PC equipment and peripherals, logs all computer asset locations
The ideal candidate wills possess the following qualifications:
• Requires an B.A. and at least 1 year of experience and accomplishment. If no degree, at least 3 yrs. of proven experience and accomplishment.
• Knowledge of the windows family of products, including Microsoft XP, Microsoft Office including outlook
• Excellent customer service skills and experience with customer service.
• Help desk and/or technical support experience
• Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• Insurance industry experience or licensing a plus
Benefits available for full time employees:
• Generous paid time off package
• Medical & Dental Plans
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
• Company paid STD/LTD
• Company paid life insurance
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.