Claim Analyst - Commercial Trucking (PD)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Claim department with IAT has an immediate opening for a Property Damage Claim Analyst in our Raleigh headquarters that will be tasked with handling Commercial Trucking exposures that primarily involve 3rd Party Property Damage claims. This role will determine the extent of the company's liability and attempts to effect an out-of-court settlement with claimant.
- Handles limited to moderate exposure claims relative to Property Damage claims, based on Claim Guidelines.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Handles total loss, salvage, rental and storage with a focus on expense management.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred with 2 years’ of relevant experience related to Property Damage claims or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent experience would be 6 years of relevant claim experience
- Bilingual skills are preferred (Spanish preferred).
- Experience with heavy equipment preferred (trucking preferred).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.