Claims Adjuster General Liability, Mining, and Heavy Equipment
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Handle General Liability claims, Mining claims, and Heavy Equipment claims, including coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation of liability, settlements & subrogation for general liability claims
- Maximize Recovery by identifying and managing subrogation, salvage & deductible protocol and actions
- Litigation Management including strategizing with defense counsel and experts on defense cases as well as declaratory judgment actions
- Reserve claims files early & accurately, with goal of minimizing adverse development
- Negotiate settlements; attend mediations, arbitrations & trials as appropriate (travel costs reimbursable)
- Manage & control Loss Adjusting Expenses spent on attorneys, experts, independent adjusters & vendors
- Refer all potential policy limits demands, independent counsel, bad faith, DOI issues to HIIG executive team, as appropriate
- Identify & investigate all SIU issues in claims
- Accurately capture claims coding for ISO, Reinsurance and Loss Control purposes
- Ensure fair and ethical policies and practices in all relationships and operations.
- Comply with State Guidelines for Good Faith Claims Handling
- Prepare Large Loss Reports & Trial Alerts for Claims Management and Reinsurance
- Participate in industry organizations & CLE
- Other duties as may be required due to change, growth and continuous improvement
This position will be located in either Scottsdale, AZ; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; or Morristown, NJ.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Experience and Previous Authorities:
- 5-7 Years background in handling general liability claims.
- Utilize specialized computer software applications. Document case histories, reports and letters
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Evaluate and rate permanent disability cases
- Inquisitive and diplomatic
- Have a strong sense of strategy and ability to adapt to changes in circumstances
- Work independently and demonstrate good business sense
- Results oriented. A strong focus on execution and getting things done right
- A self-starter with a high level of professional maturity and a strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable and effective working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Thrives on and is not afraid of challenges
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, staff and other functional areas
- Ability to identify and develop talent, delegate clearly and appropriately
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within the scope of responsibility
Exercises initiative; demonstrates adaptability, service motivation, respects the differences of others, and accepts personal responsibility; Able to secure, retain and affect the growth of top talent; To lead and sustain respect of others; To dissect complex issues and apply expert decision-making skills; Ability to work overtime or undesirable hours on short notice; Work cohesively in a team oriented environment with Presidents, Executives and others.
Ability to Travel as needed.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Professional Designations:
- Bachelor Degree required
- Current state adjusting license