Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Perform account manager duties to an assigned book of clients and assist in sustaining these clients by providing quality expertise, timely service, and creative solutions to meet their needs. Performs variety of technical assignments and administrative duties in the areas of:
- Client Service – serve as point of contact and resource to assigned clients. Research and advise client on claims issues, billing discrepancies, contract interpretation, compliance issues, supply requests and other daily issues that may arise.
- Regulatory and legal research and analysis.
- ERISA reporting and disclosure.
- Review contracts, amendments and SPD’s for accuracy.
- Marketing – coordinate the marketing process, including RFP development, preparation of rate/fee and benefit comparisons, cost projections, network disruption analysis, etc.
- Initiate and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Collaborate with the client team regarding strategies for renewing accounts.
- Manage and coordinate the review and analysis of plan data.
- Prepare and finalize the renewal evaluation and process documentation according to agency standards.
- Benefit plan design, implementation and administration.
- Employee meetings – organize, attend, and conduct employee enrollment meetings, benefit and wellness fairs.
- Understand and analyze benefit plan experience reporting.
- Assist in developing client employee communications.
- Carrier/vendor rate and/or fee negotiation
- Possess and maintain a thorough knowledge of benefit related products represented by the agency and carriers/vendors. Attend product related training as requested.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of regulatory issues affecting benefit plans and provide updates to clients when necessary.
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff. Provide recommendations to improve department procedures and policies.
- Prospecting – assist with solicitations and prospecting. May attend presentation when requested.
- BA/BS Degree with three years of experience in the field of employee benefit administration or High School graduate
- At least five (5) years of experience in the field of employee benefits administration. Other combinations of work and/or education will be considered.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of group health and welfare benefit plans including legislation, rules, laws and other regulations.
- In depth knowledge of contracts and their provisions.
- Working knowledge of group health plans, life and disability plans
- Active life and health insurance producer or consultant license – OR- obtain within 120 days of hire
- Ability to research, acquire and apply group health and wellness information to specific client needs
- Ability to keep abreast of industry trends and to interpret the effect of carrier/product modifications
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to effective build and maintain client and colleague relationships
- Fundamental knowledge of regulatory compliance issues/mandates regarding insurance plans and administration
- Capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a team environment with the ability to make independent decisions
- Strong customer service skills and orientation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Experience with Publisher software a plus. Ability to self-direct learning when necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.