Call Center Supervisor - Property and Casualty
- Career Level
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Supervise personnel engaged in the servicing our Insurance products for existing policies in a call center environment. Monitor staff service production and make recommendations to improve results. Ensure adherence to corporate service and underwriting guidelines. Schedule work hours and assign job duties. Counsel and develop staff with respect to training and career advancement opportunities. Ensure availability of updated information regarding corporate products, including available discounts. Monitor calls and work product to evaluate individual and overall team performance. Monitor service levels, ready to serve time and other appropriate statistics to ensure delivery of quality service and modify staff workloads as appropriate. Evaluate individual and overall team performance and provide constructive feedback.
Maintain call center expertise as needed to ensure resolution of problems and complaints. Assist in managing department resources and developing expense and staffing budget projections. Ensure adherence to cash management, process workflow and quality control procedures. Supervise and coordinate administrative support activities. Research, analyze and recommend process improvements and revisions to policies and procedures to enhance business operations.
Provide customer service as necessary during peak call periods.
Participate in the department process related to the selection, hiring, training and development, coaching and counseling of assigned staff.
A minimum of 2 years call center supervisory experience in the property and casualty industry.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Working in a call center environment.
- Cisco/Calabrio Telephony/Workforce management system
- Imageright document management system
- Utilizing Customer Interaction Model
- Troubleshooting P.C. or automated processing system problems
- Working in a supervisory or lead capacity
- Representing the Customer Interaction Centers in a professional and positive manner
- Monitoring call volumes to determine appropriate staffing levels
- Company products and services
- Call center systems and metrics
- Workforce management practices and procedures
- Coordinate agent licensing activities
- Coordinate departmental training functions
- Demonstrate strong organization, planning, time management and administrative skills through recent professional and/or management experience in sales, product management, customer service, or business administration.
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Willingness and ability to work irregular hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- College level coursework in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Completion of company Leadership Training Program within one year
- Attain (within 6 months) and maintain state insurance licenses as appropriate
- Leadership including sound decision making
- Quality service techniques and coaching
- Understanding workflow and technologies used
- Organizing and planning
- Mentoring new employees in the techniques used in successful servicing of members/customers
- Creating goals and objectives for staff
- Working within a customer service
- Analyzing, interpreting data
- Negotiating with vendors to obtain quality service for members
- Problem solving and complaint resolution
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team building and motivational techniques
- Customer service skills
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of insurance products and industry
- Quality service techniques and coaching
- Process improvement techniques
- National standards and BBB rules and BBB rules and regulations
- Process documentation
Demonstrated skills in:
- Analyzing, summarizing and reacting to data to include developing follow-up action plans
- Organization and planning, especially while working under pressure
Supervisory ability to include:
- Scheduling and planning
- Performance appraisal and recognition
- Team building
- Making decisions
- Successfully complete appropriate training relative to company products and services (e.g. Customer Care training and certification courses)
- Supervise the work of others in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Prepare and conduct presentations for all levels of staff and management
- Learn government regulations pertaining to area of business
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain appropriate credentials as needed
- Use computer platforms and related business software to include MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Identify process, product or service improvement opportunities
- Communicate in writing to include letter writing and report preparation and presentation. (A writing sample may be required at time of interview)
- Present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Manage employee development to achieve and sustain desired results
- Effectively manage conflict
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!