Customer Service Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
220 or 2044 license REQUIRED
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
- Provide a high level of support services to members related to the sales and service function including: servicing insurance policies, processing applications, renewals and amendments and selling travel, tours, airline tickets and membership products.
- Route members with complete travel itinerary, including triptiks, brochures, tour books, maps, travel and recreation information and all necessary and pertinent information in accordance with Company and National AAA approved procedures.
- Provide cashiering services to members including taking insurance payments (initial, installment, lapse or reinstatement), travel and membership payments, sale of tickets and travel money products, processing remittance/depository transfers and balancing cash drawer.
- Respond to customer inquiries and refer to agent when appropriate.
- Provide a high level of administrative support to Travel and Insurance Agents during peak periods.
- Provide customer assistance through the performance of sales processing activities and assist management in the basic training of less senior personnel.
- Conduct outbound promotional call activities per management request and provide general promotion of Auto Club Group products and services following established guidelines.
- Participate in a team environment to promote customer satisfaction and consistent service following the customer service model.
- Receive and resolve member/customer complaints and seeks assistance from management in complaint resolution as necessary.
- Participate in office events developed to generate revenue, improve member awareness of products and support local community activities.
- Appropriate State Life Accident and Health License
- Travel accreditation (i.e. Disney College of Knowledge, Destination Specialties or CTA Certification)
- Touring procedures including the development of auto travel routings, marked maps and triptiks
- Club and Travel promotions including the sales of travel, club and membership products and services
- Promoting the sales of ACG insurance using established guidelines
- Auto Club Group Preferred Vendors requirements
- Auto Club Group service standards
- Work Environment:
- Works indoors in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
- Possess the appropriate State Property & Casualty license
- Successful completion of Customer Service, Club and Travel and Payment Processing training within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience with and proven competency in the following:
- Providing a high level of customer-focused service
- Servicing insurance policies and processing applications, renewals and amendments
- Taking payments
- Responding to billing and coverage questions
- Promoting the sale of insurance products and/or travel and membership products
- Processing monetary transactions
- Outbound promotional calls for insurance and/or travel
- Computer software applications (word, excel, etc.) And web based operations
- Insurance and travel terminology
- General insurance and/or travel regulations
- Underwriting procedures
- Sales regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Travel systems (e.g. Focal point, view point, itt, axis, etc.) And/or insurance systems (e.g. Pps, pos, pms, ipm) and/or membership systems
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with others in a work environment
- Perform mathematical calculations to accurately perform monetary transactions
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Exceed member expectations relating to professionalism of demeanor, efficient and effective customer service (on phone or in person) and maintenance of workstation and office facility
- Work irregular hours including holidays and weekends (may include community events)
- Work under pressure in a high volume, fast paced customer service environment
- Maintain appropriate state property & casualty license
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!