Auto Field Appraiser
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
The Auto Field Appraiser will be responsible for the completion of complex and non-complex auto damage estimates and supplements. The candidate will function daily in the field at auto repair facilities, tow yards and at AAA Direct Repair Shops. The completion of total loss evaluations will also be an integral component of this position. The candidate will utilize AAA’s Material Damage guidelines as a basis for estimate completion.
This is a remote position covering Jacksonville, St Augustine, Daytona Beach.
- 5+ years auto damage appraising experience. Strong preference will be given to those candidates that possess prior estimating experience with a well-established insurer.
- Working knowledge of CCC Pathways estimating platform.
- Working knowledge of vehicle total loss processes, including submission of total loss evaluations.
This is a position where the majority of work will be in the field. Frequently in and out of automobile in all weather conditions. Exposure to loud noises and odors intermittently in repair shop environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- High School degree
- Several years of demonstrated successful, increasing responsibility as an Appraiser. Ability to lead and guide others in the appraisal work functions. Experience in quality assurance and auditing of appraisals and related documentation helpful
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong working knowledge of automobile appraisal process, including use of applicable software and other tools that are available
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to review and appraise damaged vehicles in a manner that strives to meet both the insured’s and the Company’s expectations for resolution
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!