Sr. Account Manager – Large Group
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for handling a comprehensive book of business with all lines of health and welfare insurance and accountable for all day-to-day servicing of clients, enrollment meetings, relationship management, wellness programs, and client presentations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Sr. Account Manager, include but are not limited to:
- Manage client relationships and service insurance needs of Large Group Clientele.
- Initiate and follow-up with customers and carriers to resolve problems, answer questions, correspondence, and reports.
- Manage annual renewal process: prepare renewal presentation to include marketing analysis, strategic planning initiatives, contribution analysis, network analysis and benchmark study
- Prepares, processes, reviews and monitors various documents such as premiums, policies, claims, applications, changes, etc.
- Knowledgeable about ACA and be able to provide client support for all compliance.
- Process employee benefits enrollments, terminations, and qualifying event changes (including COBRA).
- Provide clients with current Plan Summary Descriptions, enrollment forms, and benefit cards for their daily administration.
- Manage marketing and supervision of annual renewal proposal process, creating presentations with supporting carrier data.
- Conduct annual open enrollment meetings and process all changes accordingly.
- Develop and support client benefit portals, updating information as needed.
- Process client medical claims with insurance carriers and provide resolution.
- Process billing audits and reconcile discrepancies.
- Attends seminars, meetings, or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the market place.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years Group Benefits insurance brokerage experience.
- Previous experience working within cases of 100+ lives.
- Valid CA Life, Accident and Health brokers’ license.
- College degree preferred.
- Agency management and benefit related application systems knowledge, preferably with Benefit point and Zywave.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite and comfort working in a paperless environment.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- Self-starter, professional and assertive
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, challenging work environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus using a computer screen.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel is minimal with most contact with customers is by phone and correspondence. Travel to client meetings and insurance companies as needed.