Insurance Inspector - Independently Contracted
- Career Level
- Entry Level
If you enjoy the freedom of being able to work independently and are handy with a digital camera, then consider joining CIS Group as an Independently Contracted Insurance Inspector. When you contract with CIS Group, you are contracting with professionals who are committed to providing a perfect customer experience. As we continue to grow our national inspector network, we are seeking Independently Contracted Insurance Inspectors to conduct residential property inspections in your area.
As an Independently Contracted Insurance Inspector, you will utilize your knowledge of insurance, construction, real estate, digital photography and related technologies to document hazards and conditions on various residential properties.
Contracted services will include:
- Taking digital photos of residential properties
- Documenting any hazards identified at the property
- Determining the type and nature of the property’s construction materials
- Sketching the property and premises
Specific qualifications for the contract include:
- Complete background check
- Equipment requirements:
- Digital camera
- Cell phone
- PC access / High-speed Internet (inspections are routed electronically)
- Mapping software or GPS
- 100' tape measure or measuring wheel
- Reliable vehicle
- Insurance inspection and / or field survey experience, helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Fee schedule varies, depending on client, type of inspection, time-frame, and location
- 1099 Independent Contractor status. As an Independent Contractor, the cost of the background check is a business expense which the Independent Contractor is responsible for.