- Career Level
- Entry Level
Job Title: Rating Analyst
Work schedule: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, or approved alternate flex-time schedule
Exemption status: Non-exempt
Summary of duties and responsibilities: Will be responsible for assisting the Chief Actuary in preparing rate indications and filing of rates, rules and forms in a seven state region for all commercial lines of business. (States = Colorado, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Montana). Lines of business = work comp, general liability, commercial package liability, commercial package property, monoline property, commercial auto). Will also have the opportunity to produce various monthly reports.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Researches data sources and requirements; retrieves and manipulates data.
- Creates analysis to determine indicated rate changes.
- Ensures rates, rules, and forms are in compliance with State Department of Insurance.
- Maintains log of filings.
- Administers web-based filings for state insurance department requirements.
- Completes necessary filing forms and coordinates the preparation of support material needed for the filings.
- Prepares reports for distribution to other departments.
- Documents assumptions, methods, sources, considerations; organizes documents.
- Develops personal work schedule to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in SQL or similar
- Must be able to work independently
Sitting for extended periods of time, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds.