- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking a talented Subrogation Adjuster to join our current team.
Joining AACC as a Subrogation Adjuster is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team to enhance your claims skills and further your career with a growing and successful organization.
• Responsible for subrogation activities including the identification and research of subrogation claims
• Contact customers, claimants and 3rd party carriers to secure the necessary information for successful collections
• Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
• Large part of the day is spent on the phone establishing new claims, documenting computer data and collecting subrogation dollars
• Assist in the recovery of overpayments
• Coordinates with other departments, insurance representatives, and members.
• Examine all state guidelines and member claims files that may affect the subrogation process
• Acquire documentation and create surveys to fully realize the liabilities of all parties involved in the claim
• A minimum of 3 years of subrogation adjusting experience
• Strong negotiation and settlement skills.
• Collections and negotiation background.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with individuals from all backgrounds
• Customer-focused orientation modeling patience and empathy
• Ability to make independent decisions and use proper judgment.
• Ability and willingness to handle cases of increasing complexity and severity
• Self-motivated team player
• Ability to use several varying methods for claims investigations.
• High School Diploma or higher preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
• Ability to interpret claim regulations from multiple states
Benefits available for full time employees
• Generous paid time off package
• Medical & Dental Plans
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Company paid STD/LTD
• Company paid life insurance
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.