- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Responsible for the architecture, design, development, configuration integration, testing, & implementation of a comprehensive system of applications critical to the daily operations of the Universal North America Insurance Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs & implements software modules & applications that adhere to business requirements
- Contribute to the development of testing & quality procedures
- Learns new technologies & stays informed of current development methodologies
- Works with Business Analysts in creating technical specifications
- Perform other duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in management information systems, computer science, or equivalent, required. Minimum of 4 years of previous experience in technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent, required.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle including systems design, programming techniques, problem solving, analytical, research skills and technical documentation required.
- Guidewire ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter and/or BillingCenter preferred; Certified in Guidewire Configuration preferred.
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience preferred.
- Object Oriented Programming experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure, and test software products.
- Experience in engineering business process flows.
- Experience in testing frameworks (NUnit, JUnit, Gunit, etc.) & methodologies preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Experience working as a part of an Agile development team.
- Flexible enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn. Capable of adapting quickly to new systems and learning, understanding, and applying new technologies.