Property Product Manager
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The purpose of the Property Product Manager is to establish the corporate underwriting framework for our personal residential lines of business in a manner that is prudent, forward thinking, and aligned with corporate growth and profitability goals.
The Personal Lines Property Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of Product Development, Pricing, Coverage, and Underwriting for all relationships in the territories assigned and will work in conjunction with counterparts to insure the greatest level of consistency possible across all states and lines of business.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of recent industry experience to include advanced knowledge and understanding of personal residential products (Homeowners, Dwelling Fire Personal Inland Marine) processes and fundamental underwriting principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex underwriting assignments
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience and knowledge of risk segmentation, financial analysis, insurance pricing, internet business channels, business planning and strategy, and business project / program management
- Understanding of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements
- Prudent, balanced, and timely decision making skills
- Ability to smartly balance growth, retention and profitability goals
- Ability and desire to efficiently manage a time sensitive and often heavy workload.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Continuing industry education progress toward or attainment of recognized designations
- Recent experience underwriting personal lines in any or all of the following states FL, TX, SC, AZ, NV,CA, HI
- Experience writing and implementing underwriting guidelines, processes and procedures
- Successful experience developing product training and underwriting training material for front line underwriting and customer service staff
- Understanding of catastrophe risk analysis tools
- Experience with industry level, portfolio level, producer/underwriter level and policy level results reviews with development of appropriate action plans for results improvement
- Prior experience in automated underwriting systems development
Licenses and / or Certifications:
- Systems certifications and / or licenses are preferred.
- Prior experience with product development, competitive analysis and pricing evaluation