Commercial Territory Underwriter
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Work out of your home in the territory – service a territory in east central/southeast Wisconsin (West Bend to Milwaukee).
Company car, computer, phone and other office equipment provided.
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property & casualty insurance companies in the country for the past eight years and is rated “A” with a positive outlook by AM Best.We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
- Evaluate risks for acceptance, rejection or modification in compliance with Company procedures and guidelines.
- Pre-inspect and underwrite risks for acceptability and provide risk management information to agents, policyholders and/or prospects.
- Post-inspect risks as needed.
- Prepare complete instructions for the rating and issuance of new policies.
- Apply and substantiate Individual Rate Modification for all lines of business.
- Participate in agent training.
- Develop and maintain a weekly schedule of field work with office availability for completion of reports, applications and communication with home office and agents.
- Minimum three years of property/casualty/farm underwriting experience.
- Demonstrated superior communications skills.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Self motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of construction types for buildings and the basic mechanical systems(plumbing, heating and electrical).
- Ability to operate a personal computer including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Additional education in CPCU or other industry related coursework preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field preferred.